Internship SIFF Interactive Marketing Intern
NOTE: This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
The Interactive Marketing Intern is responsible for assisting the Public Relations Manager in implementing SIFF’s overall communications and marketing plan — focusing specifically on digital communications — to build awareness about SIFF within the community, and to increase film screening attendance and ticket sales.
Public Relations Manager
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Director of Marketing and PR Manager to establish social media strategy and best practices
- Manage social media channels (primarily Facebook, Twitter, Flickr) and editorial calendar to ensure content is approved and released on time
- Create and send weekly e-newsletters to SIFF subscribers
- Prepare weekly updates and reports to track growth and success rates of campaigns
- Keep up to date and informed on new social media trends and adapt accordingly
- Ensure proper messaging is being executed online
- Identify leaders and influencers (internal/external) and engage them in brand activities
- Manage daily editing of SIFF’s homepage features: Spotlights and Highlights
- Ability to take initiative, emply good judgment, and manage projects from beginning to end
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Exceptional ability to manage details
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to meet deadlines and to anticipate next steps or needs
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team
- Be available for at least 20 hours a week
- A bachelor’s degree (or currently enrolled student) in the liberal arts or equivalent work experience.
- Understands and can utilize emerging platforms and social media measurement tools including: HootSuite, Tweetdeck, Klout, etc.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience a plus
- Strong working knowledge of email marketing applications
- Resume building experience in marketing and communications, relationship management, and other aspects of community relations, marketing, and the film industry.
- Great opportunity to learn about what happens behind the scenes of a year-round cinema and an international film festival.
- Class credit (if applicable).
- References should speak to the applicant’s sense of camaraderie, integrity, professionalism, responsibility, and flexibility.
How to Apply
To apply for internship, please email your resume with letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate Interactive Marketing Intern in the subject line of your email.